The meaning of “The Justice” in Tarot Card
The meaning of the Tarot card Justice brings the request for order, discipline and the need for decision-making
By Leo Chioda
The Justice is the Arcanum VIII in Tarot. The meaning of The Justice in Tarot represents a period of inner balance, concentration, detachment, self-control and our sense of right or wrong.
This card can be considered a relief when it is drawn representing the future or the outcome of troubled situations. From there, it is certain the people involved will be meticulous and organized, thus bringing clearness, serenity, and balance.
“The Justice” is the mistress of the metrics, the rigorous force of measures. Nothing out of place and nothing too heavy. According to this arcane, everything is built on a calculative posture, assertive attitude and sometimes premeditated.
In most decks, the figure is sitting still on its throne, staring at the Tarot interpreter – notice that it looks directly at us as if questioning our intentions and evaluating our attitudes towards life.
This is also why a lot is said about cause and effect, from the oracle’s point of view, through this card: it is the one who most understands the impartial judgment and how much one must pay for their own actions.
The Justice Tarot Card Meaning
“Justice” is the reminder Tarot arcana of everyone’s responsibility for everything around us. On a daily basis, we take action based on our own will, most of the time thinking only about our own benefit and forgetting that we live in a society. Serenely the card speaks of the much needed awareness of what is right and what is wrong.
“Justice” governs law professions, processes, contracts, tests, exams, measurements, statistics, theories, research, calculations, analyses, cataloging, and documentation. It also relates to lawyers, judges, bankers, administrators, scientists, competitors, mystics, interpreters, therapists, and even tightrope walkers.
“The Justice” in Love
In Love, the Arcane “The Justice” indicates distance and a relationship based on exacerbated formality and seriousness. Everything that happens between the couple is due to logic, within the terms established by the union.
There is no such thing as oneself giving the other body and soul. This card symbolizes mutual respect towards society and maturity regarding to actions, but care and affection leave something to be desired.
- What should I do to balance my relationships?
- How can I break the ice in my love relationships?
“The Justice” in Sex Life
The Arcane Justice, when revealed in questions about Sexuality and sex life, it can mean prudish, reserved, serious, and pragmatic sex.
Meaning of “The Justice” in regards to yourself
If it is about your personality, The Justice indicates that you:
- are a correct, logical, fair, thoughtful, and reflective person.
- are someone active and reactive in the same measure.
- are a person who listens to everything with absolute attention and speaks as clearly as possible.
- are the type that avoids getting carried away.
- have morality and organization.
- may appear cold and reticent, but your stillness hides generosity, consideration, and vigilance over those you love.
- have several acquaintances throughout your life, but you are a company for few.
- you may isolate yourself when you have to deal with a lot of people.
Want to know more about yourself?
Get articles and forecasts straight in your inbox!
* By giving us your e-mail address you are agreeing to receive e-mails from us. But don't worry! We'll never, ever, spam you.
Leo Chioda is a writer and one of the main tarologists working in Brazil. He holds a degree in Portuguese Language from UNESP, where he is currently developing a thesis on poetry and alchemy at USP. He has signed for the Café Tarot blog and social media since 2006, where he publishes associations between the arcana and popular culture, literature, music, and cinema.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site: http://www.cafetarot.com.br